Monday 27 July 2015

Last terms art

Last term for art we did tapa art it comes from the Cook islands and is used to decorate lots of different things. This is how we made are tapa artwork.

  • First I had to do some research of what tapa artwork is so I had an idea in my head.
  • Then we drew on a piece of paper our idea that we our going to do on our lino cut.
  • After that I copied the drawing from the piece of paper to the piece of lino and coloured in the parts that I wanted to cut out and left the parts I wanted to stay.
  • When I was done that I started cutting the parts I wanted out of the piece of lino.
  • Then I Rolled paint on top of the lino and then pushed it down and rolled it on a piece of paper , my first colour I chose was blue.
  • After that I cut out the pieces out that I wanted to stay blue and left the parts I wanted to do my other colour with.
  • When I finished that I was ready for my last  print and I decided to use red I did the same process as I did last time and put it over my blue print now it looks really cool this picture is my art finished!

1 comment: